Unlocking the secrets of West Stow
Thursday 29th July 1:45pm
An exclusive afternoon event for Bury Society members, exploring this fascinating area – one of England’s great archaeological sites, West Stow has extensive indoor galleries and a stunning recreation of an Anglo-Saxon village surrounded by 125 acres of unspoilt countryside.
West Stow is the site of an early Anglo-Saxon village dating back to 420AD – some 600 years before the Norman conquest.
The afternoon includes:
- Guided tour of the re-created Anglo-Saxon village.
- Guided tour of the Beowulf and Grendel trail with local expert Alan Baxter.
- Mid-afternoon tea/coffee in a covered area reserved for Bury Society members.
- Full access for Bury Society members in the gallery and shop (subject to any Covid restrictions).
- All Bury Society members will be provided free parking for the afternoon.
As this event was organised with the uncertainty of Covid regulations in mind, all participants must make their own way to the venue. If allowed, please try to car share as far as possible.
Cost for this fascinating afternoon is only £6 per head. Please complete the booking slip and return.