Keep up to date with our lively programme of events for members
The Bury Society Winter Lunch,
Saturday 18th February, 2023
Southgate Community Centre, off Hardwick Lane, IP33 2QA
Arrival is from 11.15 onwards. Our Guest Speaker is Charles Garland who will talk on ‘Dad’s Army – The Nation’s Favourite Comedy’. Charles was assistant to David Croft OBE and Jimmy Perry OBE for over twenty years. This fascinating and amusing talk will include anecdotes and personal insights about the writers, the cast and what sets Dad’s Army apart from other TV comedies.
Lunch will be served at 12.45. A choice for each of the three courses is available. A glass of wine or soft drink included. Ticket price £25.
For bookings and details contact Terry O’Donoghue firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 07894 280759
Other events for 2023
The details will be announced when available but the programme to date is:
• Saturday 15th April – Spring Coffee Morning.
• Thursday 18th May – Excursion to Jordans Mill and Wrest Park.
• Thursday 8th June – Evening Annual General Meeting.
• July, date TBA – evening trip to Suffolk Police Museum, Martlesham.
• Thursday 7th September – St Albans excursion.
• October, date TBA – Autumn Coffee morning.
All Bury events to be at the United Reform Church.
The first “out of town” excursion this year is a coach trip to Diss and Earsham Hall, on Thursday,...